soulfoodmedia.blogspot.com

20/11/09

Artist of the month/Michelle Roman

Michelle Roman lives and works in El Paso, Tx, she is a true fanatic of neon lights, The Smiths, minimalism, UFO's and all types of cheese.

Her work primarily consists of peoples' portraits in which her exceptional technique perfectly captures physiognomies and events that put her work one step beyond commonly made representations of other artists.

Rafael A. Revilla Romero.

I have a great affection for the figure and human anatomy. Within each painting, I try to bring a connection between the figure and the viewer. My work is mostly about people, the individual and their character/presence. I enjoy exploring negative space in my work, and isolating the figure using an interesting composition. By omitting a background at times, I like to leave a lot to the viewers’ imagination.

Michelle Roman.

Education:

2005, Texas State University

Bachelor of Fine Arts - Painting, Communication Design.

For more of Michelle's work, visit Fusion Mag. online.


No hay comentarios.: